Curious about other applications for PLEXIGLAS®, company founder Otto Röhm and his employees even made musical instruments from the new material in the 1930s.
Soon after PLEXIGLAS® reached market maturity in the 1930s, chemists at Röhm & Haas were working on developing PLEXIGLAS® Molding Compounds for use in injection molding processes.
The story of PLEXIGLAS® began in 1933 with thin acrylic glass panels. Shortly afterwards, blocks, tubes and rods could be produced from the new material.
Flying higher, faster and safer – this is only possible when using the right materials, such as PLEXIGLAS®. The material was used as early as the 1930s for producing curved canopies for aircraft.