From sheet to tubes and rods
The story of PLEXIGLAS® began in 1933 with thin acrylic glass panels. Shortly afterwards, blocks, tubes and rods could be produced from the new material.
Even as the company Röhm & Haas, a predecessor company of Röhm, was registering PLEXIGLAS® as a brand in 1933, the research department was already puzzling over how to improve the manufacturing process and increase the product quality. They developed, among other things, a production process according to which PLEXIGLAS® sheets are still cast today. But that was only the start of a rapid development of application research.